Saturday, June 4, 2011

Give me the Hardware!

We don't play these GLTA tournaments for any money that's for sure.  We do play for fun, but more importantly, we want the hardware.  We want the trophies that come with winning or being a finalist at one of these tournaments.  Give me the hardware!

Before I got bumped up to A's, I used to occasionally get to the late rounds of some of these tournaments, particularly in doubles.  I've even won two events:  Tampa and Louisville.  Back then the Louisville tournament was the KY Open (insert laugh here).  We got the coolest hardware for winning that year:  a silver mint julep cup and a bottle of Makers Mark-yum!


It got me to wondering-what's the best hardware you've won or seen at one of these GLTA tournaments?  What's the best trophy you've seen anywhere for winning a sporting event?

No comments:

Post a Comment