Monday, June 27, 2011

Draws Are Out & Other Last Minute Thoughts

Hey there tournament players...we're getting close!  Most of us will roll into Louisville on Friday for the 2011 Bluegrass Open.  Here are a few quick hits for you to think about as you get ready to head to the Derby City.
  • The draws are available.  See who you play and when you play.  Good luck!

  • It's going to be another hot one again this year.  Get drinking your water now!  Over my years playing in Louisville, I've seen a lot of players struggle with cramps and the heat.  Get a head start now with the water to help keep that at bay while you're playing.

  • Hopefully you have your reservations at the Spring Hill Suites, the host hotel for this year's tournament.  If you haven't made your reservations yet, you may still be able to get a room at the host hotel, but I think the tournament rate is long gone.  You can also check out Priceline or Kayak.  I would recommend staying downtown.  I'm sure there are places out near the U of L to stay, but most of the players stay downtown for better access to restaurants and nightlife.

  • Make sure you can get to town in time for the draw party at Starbase Q.  It starts at 7:30 and goes until 9:30.  This will be a great place to catch up with old friends and meet some new ones.  Casey, one of the tournament players and Todd's husband (co-tournament director) manages the club.  Let's show some support for a place that has always supported the tournament and welcomed players with open arms.
One last thing I have been thinking about...who out there uses Twitter?  I have been using #GLTA to get the word out about my blog.  What if we all use that and #bluegrassopen for our tweets from the tournament?  I was thinking this would be a cool way to build a little community through social media.  So who's in?

I'm not sure I will have another post before the tournament begins this weekend, but I will be posting daily from the tournament to keep people updated who couldn't make it to Louisville this year. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you. Keep your wind, make sure the only thing wound tight is your racket, enjoy the moment(s) and blog your *** off. Great blog and I am grateful that I got to share #639create with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck, Thom! It's been fun reading your blog. We'll all be checking in so please let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete