Sunday, June 19, 2011

And Then There's...Lola

Lola...so notorious, so infamous, she needs but one name.  The Louisville tournament and Lola go hand in hand-she's the emcee of the banquet.  Every year at the banquet, not only can you support House of Ruth through raffle tickets, but you can count on Lola to entertain and offend all at the same time.  No one is safe and everyone is a potential target to be roasted by Lola in front of the whole tournament.  I expect this year's banquet at Bristol Bar and Grille to be no different.  It'll be the latest scene of Lola's gay humor crime spree.

I've been scouring the interwebs looking for pictures of Lola so you'll know who she is when you get to the tournament; so you can be on guard to not do anything in front of her to draw her ire at the banquet.  I googled her, but this is all I found for Lola:

Thought this might be our Lola, but her fanny is too small to be our Lola, must be a different one...
Thought this might be our Lola, but I don't think our Lola has ever been in bed with a man before, must be a different one...

Thought maybe this was our Lola in a wig, but in all the matches I've seen our Lola play, I'm pretty sure I've never seen her run, must be a different one...
So I'm sorry, I can't help. I have failed you. You will have to fend for yourself. Be safe out there and be on the look out.  But like I said in my last post, she kind of looks like Maude:



I risk my own embarrassment at the banquet to tell you about Lola, but I care not about my own emotional safety.  If I can save one person from Lola's humiliation, it will have all been worth it.

Consider yourself warned...

3 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can handle Lola! You're a rockstar, and only people who are famous, interesting and terrific get roasted.

    If anyone takes cell phone video, please post it to YouTube for all of our enjoyment. Please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Maude reference. Seems to be you are now a target - get ready - Lola will clearly take the bait on this one

    ReplyDelete